Brain is the most important part of the body that acts on its own. It’s one of the most valuable assets that a human can own in his whole mankind. Brain consists of several nervous tissues and any fault can lead to dysfunctioning of the whole body. Brain being the most important and difficult part to operate, it is crucial to take care of it. At Medstar Rehab, we offer neuro rehabilitation that helps our patients to deal with neurological disorders and helps in maximizing the quality of life. People suffering from diseases related to nervous system, an injury caused leading to nervous breakdown, or any sort of disorders relating to the nervous system are treated carefully and effectively at Medstar Rehab. Our expert team helps improve in the functioning and also reduce symptoms.
Neurological rehabilitation at Medstar Rehab aims to optimize and increase a person’s participation in society and develop a sense of well-being. Rehabilitation doesn’t in any sense means a sort of intervention rather the focus of the neuro rehabilitation is on the patient to improve him/her as a person. Our health professionals work closely together to look after your every single need and thus improvising and improving your lifestyle. Medstar Rehab set and tailors certain goals keeping the condition, needs and requirements of the person in view. The process of neuro rehabilitation is created around the establishment of goals and completing those desired goals step by step. The neuro rehabilitation team focuses on the goals that are achieved by the persons themselves, but with the guidance, support, continuous monitoring, counselling and help by a wide range of Medstar Rehab professionals.
Conditions being treated under Neuro Rehabiliation:
The expertise team of Medstar Rehab deals with all types of injuries, infections, degenerative diseases, tumors, and disorders that can take a toll on the nervous system severely. There are some conditions that might improve after joining neurological rehab and these include:
- Any shocks or trauma, such as brain and spinal cord injury that may hamper the functioning of the nervous system
- Several disorders or syndromes such as structural or neuromuscular disorders and functional disorders, for example, Bell palsy, cervical spondylosis, brain or spinal cord tumors, peripheral neuropathy, muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, dizziness, severe headaches, seizure disorders, etc
- Medstar Rehab also looks after various disorders which are degenerative in nature which includes Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer disease, etc
- Also deals with ischemic strokes (that are caused by blood clots), hemorrhagic strokes that results into bleeding in the brain, etc
- Multifarious infections, such as meningitis, polio, brain abscesses, etc
Under neuro rehabilitation, all sorts of brain disorders are disabled and normal functioning of the nervous system is being restored. Medstar Rehab also focuses on nutrition diet that has to be followed, and on the fast recovery of a person’s psychological and creative parts. With neuro rehabilitation, a person’s physical, emotional, social and cognitive well being is improved. Neuro rehabilitation emphasizes on the rapid establishment of person own independence thus improving their day-to-day activities through compensatory strategies.